Monday, February 20, 2012

So, then...

I moved out of the printmaking studio yesterday. Bummer. It was really good for me to be working in there these past few weeks. It felt healthy to get out of the house every day, and regular interaction with people is also good for me.

Really.

The gallery opens again soon, so that's good too.

Now I am determined to get my home-studio organized and comfortable to work in. I've lived here in Spruce Pine about seven months, and although I have been working on drawing and books in that time, it has felt hesitant and awkward. My original plan had been to use our sun porch as a studio....(because it has a door and I could keep the cats out) but as it cooled off, ladybugs started moving into that space to die, (or sleep?) and then it became apparent that that space was altogether too cold for year-round use.

So my roommate has been understanding and supportive of my working in the living room...where we have a huge table, and also a separate table where we eat. (we use our dining room as a living room/library. complicated.)

So I think with a few decisive organizational strategies, and some cleverness to keep the cats away from my waxed linen thread....I think it will all work out....

sigh.

So I didn't expect to go all impossible/impractical while working in the printshop, but I had so much fun cutting up prints and arranging them on this big 'ol wall. If only we lived in a world where every wall was easy to pin into.

late-night whim.
expansion.
rearrangement.
potential pink/red bits, over there...
...or not. (and better light.)
final expansion (for kicks) 
and contraction.

the end.

I have a list of things I'm going to try to get done today, so I better get out of my pajamas and get started. Thank you for checking in, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...