Here's the news in brief.....
1. The Toe River Arts Council studio tour is sneaking up, and I'll be exhibiting at Lisa Blackburn's studio. I am excited about this weekend-long event, and as always, feel like there's no way I have enough work finished. I'm starting to think I will always feel that way, forever. That could be a motivating factor if it doesn't paralyse me with fear.
2. The same weekend as the TRAC tour, my friend Yvonne will arrive from California! She'll be staying with me and will be participating in a two-week ceramics class at Penland. I am super excited for her. (and have a lot of cleaning to do!)
3. I AM WORKING ON A WEBSITE. I know I've said that before, but really. I am in the midst of a trial membership with "squarespace" and I'm planning on committing in the next few days. It will be pretty simple. ...What would you like to see on my website?
4. In related business news, my pal Beth Schaible is making me business cards! I'm so glad. Last night I ran down to Asheville to attend the grand opening of 7 Ton Letterpress Collective, of which Beth is a member. Way cool.
5. In the Fall I will be teaching Intro to Drawing and Lithography at Appalachian State University, in Boone, NC. That's about an hour north of here. Really, Michelle? Yes, really. It is two days a week, and I'll still be working in the Penland Gallery three days a week. I am already bracing myself. (BTW, you should check out that "gallery" link...we recently did a major revision on the gallery's website.)
Okay. There's art to finish, a house to clean, a lawn to mow, and tomatoes to stake. Happy Sunday!