Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanks-giving!

Some sort of a fuzzy, elegant drawing about moths, I think.
I booked my flight to Wyoming last night! Yay! It is a bit of a weight off my mind, and it is a great relief to know that the big dent in my bank account is only temporary, thanks to the support I have found through my Kickstarter project, Books & Postcards from Wyoming. 

Very thankful indeed.

I'm not packing my bags yet, though. I've had a very welcome couple of days off, in which I have spent getting organized at my new place, reading a Nancy Drew book, (mostly while soaking in the bathtub) and trying to make the leap and book the other adventure that's sneaking up... my ever-complicated holiday travel plans. I can't wait to see family in Texas and California, but it is making me anxious and neck-tense nonetheless.

What else is new? Oh yeah, my Bakersfield friends Liz and Laura passed through Spruce Pine on Sunday/Monday. They've driven cross-country, and have kept a blog of their adventures. It was a good, short visit, and I got to play tour guide to friends at Penland's currently deserted campus. Although it was a ghost town up there on Monday morning, I don't think Liz and Laura were disappointed!

Final weeks of classes at App State, final weeks of the season at the Penland Gallery.....it's all winding down. I'm mostly glad, but it is making me a little anxious. But for today I'll take it easy, roast some beets and radishes, and head over to my friends John and Courtney's for Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanks, y'all!

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Such a lovely drawing and interesting life, thanks for sharing. Keep it up x

Veronica said...

Such a lovely and delicate drawing, and an interesting life, thanks for sharing. Keep it up x

Veronica said...

Such a lovely and delicate drawing, and an interesting life, thanks for sharing. Keep it up x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...