Sunday, January 27, 2013

In the studio...

I'm all over the place, but it's a good thing right now. Having a number of things to work on, I am always in the mood to work on something. I haven't taken a ton of photos in the studio yet, but here is a little sampling...

Arranging bits of paper on the floor. Taking inventory.
A drying rack full of super subtle printing. Working on reward
prints for my Kickstarter backers, as well as interiors for books.
 Dry faster, ink.
I spent hours today printing this image, which I drew last year.
Many little books are at various points of creation.
See how nice that top cover looks?
...It was totally a clever smudge-disguise. Clever, Michelle.
Complicated.
More than anything, I am excited about these inexplicable, complicated little structures. They are made of Pergamenata, (and a few are real vellum) and are stitched together with upholstery thread. Currently they range in size from 6" to 1". I don't know where I'm going with this, but I'm having flash-backs of my high school foreign language festival construction model days...also the crazy week in grad school where I decided to make a scale model of my thesis show. (that project fizzled out, unfortunately..)

I have also been drawing a lot, but haven't taken any pictures yet. More soon!

Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...