Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fair enough.

Have you heard that there's been some bad weather recently? No? (I'm kidding, of course.)

This side of the country has been pretty torn up by Hurricane Sandy. Excuse me...no longer a hurricane..now it is technically a "mega-upset" or something.

Here in the mountains of North Carolina, Sandy has brought snow. Enough snow to cancel classes yesterday in Boone, and to delay work today at Penland. And slow-down my move.

More than anything, all this October snow has made me hungry.

So, pictures of snow in October? Oh, hell no. Surely there are enough of those on the internet.

Let's see some pictures of the WNC Mountain State Fair. For the second year in a row, going to the fair with my friend Wes was my way of celebrating my birthday. This was in September, folks. 32, if you're counting.

"Why I Love the Fair" by Michelle C. Moode....

Shoe-box dioramas.

Ribbons aplenty.

DO NOT TOUCH PLANTS!!

By the ferriswheel.

Don't forget it looks like this where I live.

And this is still one of my favorite things ever.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...