Thursday, February 10, 2011

Texas things.



I am very pleased to share that I'll be participating in the 2nd Annual Renegade Craft Fair in Austin, Texas on May 21 & 22. I love Austin. My big brother lives there, (not sure I have ever mentioned that) and the brief times I've stayed with him in Austin have always been delightful: mini-golf, beer-drinking, ice-cream, picture-taking, antiquing, movie-watching. All at the same time.

So, this is exciting, and has set a good deadline for me in the foreseeable future. Focus. Yes. As handmade books begin to pile up, (and they are!) it's good to have an idea of where they are going...

This will be the first time I'll be traveling to do an event like this, and I'm a little spooked about logistics...fortunately it is an indoor venue, so I need not bother about a canopy. I'm sure I will work it all out. Anyone out there ever travel to do craft shows?

Speaking of Texas and bookbinding, my ol' Penland pal Loring Taoka has commissioned me to make a little all-white book to be used as a comment book for his MFA Thesis show at the University of North Texas. It will almost be like I'm there for his show. Aw...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...