Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wind and Plaid.

Ben's shirts.
I'm in Wisconsin for a few days...I thought I should mention it before it's over.

This may be one of the happiest professional activities/adventures ever, and it came up pretty unexpectedly. I'll be speaking with book artists about their work at the Milwaukee Artist Resource Network, where one of my oldest and dearest friends, Maggie Sasso, is the "curitorial protegee." And how great is that title?


How old and dear is this friend? High-School-marching-band-little-sister, folks. 


2004 on green green grass at Penland. We were so young.
Not high school young, but damn young.
I'm staying with Maggie and her husband Ben in Kenosha, right on the big water. It is so windy here. This whole part of the country is new and mysterious to me, and I'm just very glad to be here, and spending time with some of my favorites.

Comfort.
And what could make it better? Bonnie Stahlecker, also in Milwaukee! I assisted Bonnie at Haystack in 2008, remember? I'm pretty sure I've seen her a couple of times at conferences since then, but I am really looking forward to catching up.

Favorite people, new place, reimbursement, stipend...can I do this all the time?

1 comment:

yvonne cavanagh said...

This is so incredible Michelle; I am so exited for you. Have a great time!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...