(On a side note: yes, I will be returning to the gallery in the spring, and yes, I still like my job.)
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I visited Kentucky, and Susie and I partied like a couple of sick little girls.
|Books and Fevers.|
Shortly thereafter, I packed up my cold-medicine and flew to Texas. It hurt my ears a lot. Don't fly when you're sick, if you can avoid it.
I'll be here a while longer, and then head further west with my big brother and my NEW CAMERA.
New CAMERA!? So why isn't this blog post full of pictures? Because I don't have it yet....I just submitted my order online, after talking and thinking about it for months and months.
I have been unhappy without a camera. And I haven't been blogging, or documenting anything, or posting work on Etsy, and I mostly blame this on the lack of a camera.
Some recent things:
- Replaced a watch battery that has been dead for a couple of years.
- Ordered film for my Polaroid land-camera. Three cheers for tangible photographs!
- Covered my parents' kitchen table with scraps of paper, spools of thread, and tiny books. I call this area of the house the "exploritorium," and they are supportive.
- Seasoned a cast iron dutch oven for my parents.
- Reconstituted some of my sourdough-starter for my parents.
- Shared the secrets of making sourdough bread with my parents. Their minds have been blown.
- Bought an $8 olive-green smith-corona typewriter on the first full day I was here, and carried it home on foot. In the rain.
- Participated in late-night Christmas eve "reindeer games" with my big brother. Much stifled hysterical laughter.
- Made "black sticky gingerbread" from a very pretty site my boss told me about.
- Won at Scrabble...a few times.
- Watched an embarrassing number of episodes of Law and Order...
|Somewhere far away, he is watching water drip from the |
faucet and wondering if he's able to jump on the ceiling fan...
And since my blog is presently this boring, I'll go ahead and add that I miss this guy. Thank you (a million times) to my roomie for keeping him out of trouble while I'm away.....