Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pollyanna in Hell.

By the tone of my last post, you can hardly tell that California is a raging inferno at present.

'Tis the season.

I've only faintly smelled the smoke the past few days, and surprisingly it hasn't bothered my breathing or eyes.

But today there was delicate ash floating in the air, both in Los Feliz and Northridge.

And as horribly destructive as these wildfires are, you must admit that the smoke is spectacular:



In non-destructive-forces-of-nature news, I noticed that I have a pomegranate bush! As if I needed another reason to love my apartment.


I won't be harvesting a crop worthy of the farmer's market this year, but it's still a wonderful surprise. The plant needs some attention...seems to have some suckers, and could stand some pruning when it's done doing its thing.

But I have a fruit tree! Thank God, right?!

1 comment:

Loring Taoka said...

i think tonight was the first time i looked in old entries of your blog. i like your fabric work. i miss you, lady.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...