Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March Cold.



I have a nasty cold. This was taken a couple of days ago, when I was still in denial about being sick.

I've had so much going on, and I know that this sickness was partially caused by being run-down.

I went to Nashville the weekend before last, drove up to Murray, Kentucky to eat at Hihburger and see friends, and then back down to Nashville for a college friend's wedding. It was a really, really good time. I'd post pictures, but I have not scanned my polaroids yet.

I saw plenty of ice-storm aftermath:



It did snow a bit on my drive back to Nashville, but just enough to delight this city mouse.



It seems like mere moments after I got home to Los Angeles, my friend Jenni flew in to town, and stayed with me this past week. I was NOT on vacation, and actually had tons of work to do for my show in Bakersfield, but I managed to burn the candle at both ends, and we had a great time. I got to show Jenni some of my favorite California things, and we discovered some new cool stuff. And of course we laughed like crazy about stupid stuff the way we have since we met in eighth grade.



Jenni helped me haul my work up to Bakersfield this past weekend, and then we took the long way home...a very long way home. We took the time to trespass in orange groves, and we found a wonderful honey farm on highway 126.





And we went to the Griffith J. Griffith Observatory... Twice.



Most of these are Jenni's pictures, by the way. So we had a splendid time, in spite of the stress, and business, and work, and sickness. Now I'm just trying to pull myself together and feel better.

Say, my show at Surface Gallery in Bakersfield opens this coming Friday, from 5-9pm. The work is there, and perhaps even on the walls. I'm looking forward to seeing all the pieces together, because the way I've been working on them has been very one-at-a-time, due to my teeny-tiny apartment.



Do come. "A splendid time is guarenteed for all." I'll be wearing a stunning new frock from Anthropologie. Well, I wore it to Whitney's wedding, but its new-ish...I think all the smoky smell from the "after party" has aired out by now.

My cold medicine is starting to make me sleepy, so I should conclude this post.

Good evening.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Hope you feel better; good luck with your show!

Lauren said...

Congrats!! Your work is awesome; I'm glad it's been getting around etsy!

A Beautiful Party said...

i do want a botanical tour so lets make that happen.
feel better m.c. moode. you can't be sick in l.a.! it just can't happen!

Vikki Cruz said...

Wow! I can't believe you had so much going on and still managed to get all your work to us a day early.No wonder you are feeling ill. I finished hanging the show last night and it is so beautiful! Can't wait for this Friday. See you and your party dress then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...